View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
But again , why is it that you can keep some Perch from some stocked Trout lakes but then a few miles down the road you won't be able to keep any perch from a stocked lake?
This is what makes no sense to me.
Problem has been in removing perch only to have someone restock. The new regs should help and with the new regs come new punishment like having to "pay" for the fixing of the vandalism...which could be hundreds of thousands of dollars...and maybe millions. That liability should scare even the stupidest of the bunch.

GPGUY7...I find it really hard to believe that you would prefer to catch and release 4 inch perch all day then 12 inch or bigger rainbows all day. Studies and actual lakes have proven that the new 1 over 20 rainbow regs have drastically improved the sporting nature of fisheries. Unfortunately until the perch are removed...pot hole lakes that could benefit from this new management regulation will have to wait. I find at Lake Sundance that people are super excited to "learn" how to catch 4-6 inch perch. They come back once or twice more and then it is a waste of their time. While some people would rather catch something than watch TV...most likely 99% of people would say no thanks...there is paint to watch dry instead.

There is a solution to this problem and that is for someone to come forth and turn in their buddy. I strongly suspect this is being done by a very, very small number of people. Education is also a key so having it drummed into people's head the shear stupidity of the act of illegal perch stocking may hopefully finally get through to the right guys.