View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:53 AM

Default 20 ft car topper type boat

Morning folks,
Made a deal with the wife,I would move to our local small town, but I am getting a few things. I want a place with a nice garage, eventually, I get a Side x side. (maybe sooner, if I can show her I could make money plowing snow if she let me get one with Camoplast tracks and a Berco Matic snowblower.
The first purchase outside of the garage will be a fishing boat. Now, I want a plain boat, like the older car topper aluminums. Just plain bench seats, maybe a side seat setup for fishing wells, with the right setup.
Here's the kicker. My wife is not at all comfortable in boats. She tries, because she doesn't want to pass it onto the kids (If I may, She is a wonderful wife and mother).
So to keep her calm and comfy , I am looking for a 20 foot long, deep hulled boat. Try to get one as stable as I can.Obviously, before somebody points it out,I know I will need a good trailer.
Lund used make the Alaskan like I want,but unless i'm missing something, they are all more fancy now.
I may be overlooking something with Lund or my searches, but we are moving because I recently became handicapped.So if I am missing something simple,I apologize, but these 18 hour days are getting to me.
So,any makes or models I should be looking at, obviously I want a quality product.
Thank you so much in advance,
Ken