View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocyte View Post
Why use an extreme example and not a realistic one? An officer is looking for drunks, liars, and poachers. They are not there plotting their next move to push for an Orwelian society. They are checking a cooler and storage bins for alcohol and to make sure you know the rules of owning a boat. Owning a boat for fishing or otherwise is a privilege not a right. There are rules to owning and operating that boat, if one cannot prove they are competent enough to adhere to those rules then tickets and further action should be warranted.

I would be assisting criminals if I did not allow an officer to search and do their job. If they do not do their job the criminals do get away.
You want an actual example of what your type of thinking leads to, "High River RCMP Seize Guns while entering locked houses with no warrants". Tell me again the RCMP don't have an agenda of their own. I agree, people need to learn what their rights are in order to best protect them, but at a minimum they don't need to provide easy consent when asked.