View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Precisely. RCMP broke into houses, riffled through those poor peoples property, damaged property and stole their possessions illegally.
What happens when you do that? And what happens when they do that?
Do you think the RCMP that did this will end up in jail?
And talk about knocking people when they're already down. Heck they
weren't even allowed access to their own homes either whilst they were stealing.

Section 8 of our charter says we have a right against unreasonable search and seizure. However there are plenty of laws which serve to erode that right routinely, including hunting / fishing laws and boat inspections.

Then look at C-51. And if that ain't bad enough you may be alarmed to find out that the province / government can seize any property belonging to you,
i.e. house, boat, vehicle etc., just because they have a suspicion a crime has been committed. You don't need to be charged, you don't have an opportunity to defend yourself or go to court and you don't have to be guilty of any crime,
or have any right to obtain your property back even if it can be proved you
didn't commit any crime. How has this happened? Because we have allowed it to.

Now if every cop and politician was honest, unbiased then no problem. However as we know, this is not the case. People have their own agendas.

The more we walk around with blinkers on and drink beer whilst saying "who cares about this small item of our personal freedoms being eroded", the more we help create a police state. Stand up for your privacy and freedom.

It is perfectly possible to catch poachers, have safe boating, not be detained moving from A to B with a boat and not lose our privacy and freedom at the same time. We only have to look to history to see why in the past excessive interference from the state is a bad idea.

You have passion for this issue. I seems it is shared by other members. My question is does that passion translate into actually doing something difficult like figuring out what your rights are. Show me that you have done that and I will accept that you really care about your rights. Lots of guys here seem to think the best was to protect their rights is to remain ignorant as to what they are and simply argue and be rude to Conservation Officers.