View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Gone Hunting

I don't believe I've ever been in the Milarm store, but I've been in a few so called military surplus places.

I wasn't impressed. The products I saw were cheap knockoffs, or used and in poor condition.
But more then that, there was little of interest to me.

It looked like they catered to the "I wanna be a soldier but don't want to put any effort into it"" crowd.
Fine for them if it makes them an honest living, but not of interest to me.

Not saying that's what Milarm is about. I don't know, never been there and probably never will.

For me it's more about making my time in the city as short as possible.
I don't want to waste time looking at stores I have no idea about.
A list of manufactures a store deals with tells me nothing I want to know.

For all I know Milarm may be a top notch place to deal with. But I'm not going to waste my time and expensive fuel checking out a store that I know nothing about, partially because of my former experiences with retail outlets that pretended to be military surplus outlets.

A final word. If I want military surplus I want military surplus, not imitation military surplus.
And if I want new, brand name merchandise I'm going to go someplace that handles nothing but.
And what's with the mil surp prices these days. How's a mil surp Mauser come to be worth as much as a NIB Winchester ?

Military surplus used to be a way to get a decent firearm on a budget.
If I can afford new I'll buy new.

George Bernard Shaw