View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
So does your "fair enough" comment mean you will not record the buyers information anymore? I'm not trying to start anything, I am just curious as to why stores continue to record our information when they are not required to?
I am just asking for an actual business owners perspective on the subject.
Fair enough meaning I understand that he will not shop at a store that prepares a bill of sale for a non-restricted firearm.

We will continue to prepare a bill of sale that includes the clients name, PAL#, Expiration & phone number only. We sell serialized firearms, and by having all of my staff prepare a bill of sale allows me to have control over the inventory so that I know what has sold. It also allows me to ensure that every firearm sold, is sold to someone who can lawfully possess the firearm. It is correct that we don't have to record the clients information. But it is something we chose to do so that there is evidence that all firearms have been sold above board, to people with a valid firearms license. Once we have deleted the firearm from our electronic data base, we destroy our copy of the bill of sale.

We also will assist clients with warranty firearms. Say you buy a Mossberg from me and 4 months later something broke on the firearm covered by Mossberg's warranty. All you have to do is bring the gun to us, and we will deal with sending it to the warranty centre for repair and have it returned here. We require proof that the firearm was purchased here in order for us to facilitate this, and a bill of sale is a nice thing to have in these situations.

I understand and appreciate that some people have an issue with us following this practice. It is unfortunate, but 99.99% of people we deal with do not have any issue with it.