View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
the whole Trump thing is interesting, and as a real fiscal Conservative, and someone who appreciates a measure of "straight talk", I do agree with quite a lot of his positions. BUT the whole thing is a waste of time, money, and space, because there is NO WAY he is going to be either the GOP nominee or would win the Presidential race if he were. He has far too much, very deserved, rep as an arrogant buffoon with no "common touch".

He has manged to instantly alienate significant constituencies whose support is critical to winning. He has maxed out on his potential political support in record time, and ultimately is going nowhere. I just hope he doesn't go off on an "independent" campaign, because that will only relegate the GOP to second place again - supporting him is a great moral "gesture", and maybe some of it will rub off on the eventual GOP candidate. But it is political suicide of the most obvious kind, if one wants to see a candidate who might stand any chance of actually winning against ... probably Hilary ... who turns my stomach.

Be realistic.
Your not the first person to under estimate his popularity and to say he is done, as I recall several big name political reporters "Walking Heads" were saying exactly what you are saying now 5 weeks ago, only to be proven wrong.

I think the debate will go one of two ways for Trump. Either he will slay it, be statesman like and continue to rise in the polls like he is doing now, or to bomb and become stagnate.

We will all know the answer next week when the debate is broadcast live on Fox Thursday Night @7:00 PM. Personally I so can't wait!