View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
A Dime or a line? What's the dime for?
Old School for Give Me A Shout (stems from when a payphone call was but a dime). In this case, a pm will likely work...

Quote:
I got a lot of tips in the campsite and from the sportfishingbc board. But problem was I couldn't find the specific colored hoochies and when I tried to stack my downriggers I was getting too many tangles. My little boat is too narrow for all the extra flashers and running four rods. It was easier with just two. If I had electric downriggers maybe would be easier. Will be going to Port Hardy First week of September for springs and coho... got any recommendations?
LOL! I saw some of the "advise" you got from SFBC after you mentioned this. As you found out, a few of the Ladz out here are... well... a Little Rough Around The Edges. LOL!

There were places nearby to collect the right hootchies - and btw, many of the better ones never seem to get discussed on the forums.

NO boat is "too narrow for all the extra flashers and running four rods". Really.
Back in the day when we were working on developing the ultralight fishery for these salmon, I ran a 16 foot whaler knock-off that was narrower than your current boat. And... Fished 6 dummy flashers and 6 ultralight rods off it at once on a frequent basis. That was all run off the old "bicycle" type of antique manual Luhr Jensen downriggers. A Hell of a LOT of Fun!

Recommendations regarding Hardy in September? Yeah - look elsewhere unless you want to literally swamped by Pinks! The vast majority of springs will be well past by then, and the pinks will most likely outrun the coho to the gear due to sheer numbers.

Were it me, I'd be looking at one or two of the Real West Coast Fisheries (West side of the Island) at that time. In fact, that is exactly where I plan on being...

Cheers,
Nog