View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Guessing you're not going to anyhow,with yet another AO topic hinting of anti-east sentiments,but.....fwiw,yes you can do DIY hunts in Quebec/no outfitter nor guide required.
Beauty salmon btw!!
Fishing both the Gaspè and Anticosti are high on my bucket list.
Not exactly. Here is a summary of the regulations for non residents hunting in Quebec:

A non-resident is subject to certain restrictions concerning the purchase of hunting licences and access to certain territories or hunting areas according to the game hunted. The restrictions are indicated below.

Caribou: A non-resident may obtain only one caribou hunting licence, for Area 22B or the western part of Area 23. He must always use the services of an outfitter. A specific licence is offered to non-residents domiciled in Canada. The bag limit is two caribou per year (from August 17 to January 30) and the non-resident may not hunt in more than one area.
White-tailed deer: A non-resident may neither hold an antlerless deer hunting licence (random draw) nor an antlerless deer hunting licence (1st killing, random draw).
Moose: A non-resident is subject to the measure that applies to the area licence He is also subject, in the same way as a resident, to the rule whereby he must purchase his licence before midnight on the date indicated (see page 7) if he wishes to use it during the firearm hunting period. Furthermore, he is not permitted to hold a female moose hunting licence (random draw).
Black bear and American woodcock: A non-resident must use at least two services offered by an outfitting operation, including accommodation, unless he hunts the species in a wildlife reserve or a controlled harvesting zone (ZEC). What is more, if he hunts black bear in an outfitting operation without exclusive rights in Area 13 and Area 16, he must, in addition to his regular black bear hunting licence, hold a special licence issued by the operator of the outfitting operation. bec:

I do not hold an anti east sentiment. I hold an anti Quebec sentiment.