View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:39 PM
Gone Hunting

thanks grinr.

I have two Brownings in use. I am very happy with their performance so far, it's been 11.5 months with them out. Bought them last summer.

They are smaller then many, very good camo, work well, they are infrared and on a mount other then the straps provided they are close to invisible. I mean real real hard to spot. And they run on a set of eight AA cells for months.

I'm going to get more as soon as I can afford it.

I have three other cameras that I no longer use. A older Moultrie that still takes pictures but the flash failed and two Stealth Cam delta 88s that were total garbage the day I bought them.

Be careful of the low priced cameras, do a lot of research one each particular model before buying. They may be a very good reason a particular camera is very low priced.

I didn't do the research and I paid for it.

BTW, one of the reasons I bought the cameras was to keep track of bears coming and going in my yard. Some years we get several come through the yard and some stick around long enough to be a royal PITA.

I have not captured one on camera yet, they've been in the neighborhood but so far as I know not one has come in my yard since I set up the cameras. And nothing has touched one of my cameras, not even one young fellow who walked within feet of one camera and apparently never saw it even though at one point he walked directly toward it from less then fifty feet away.

I'll post if I ever have a camera messed with. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, but it may be a long wait.
I only check the cameras every other month or so if there has been no bears seen close. And there hasn't been.

So there should be next to no scent on them, and being so hard to see I suspect it will be a long time before one gets messed with.

George Bernard Shaw