View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:10 PM

A quick reply to a few of you.

Re: Deer season, well aware, I'm at heart a small game guy anyway. When I do take the bow I have 2 broadheads (that I never shoot) 2 small game arrows (field point with adders on flu flus) and 2 bludgeons on flu flus.

The only thing in danger is maybe a rabbit but haven't seen one in the woods yet. And even then it would have to be close (7 yards or less). The stumps are taking a beating though!

Even the squirrels are safe. Why you say? Even though my first bow kill was over 15 years ago I feel like a beginner all over again. Shooting arrows at squirrels when your at my current skill level is like making paper airplanes out of $10 bills.

Truthfully though the bow skill is coming back quickly, it's great to call a shot on a leaf 15 or twenty yards away and actually hit it once in a while.

As for brown trout, forgot all about them. I'm going to regret not doing the Bow river thing I bet.

In the 70's my father was in Comox (Air Force) so I spent many a summer out there back then as well. We used to rent a boat at Bate's Beach or King Coho so we could go out and catch Dogfish. Never did catch a salmon, but I still have the "How to catch Salmon" booklet he gave me back then, and before I moved out here he gave me my old Penn Delmar 285 reel I used to use.

Work. No luck yet. Not even a low level, low paying job like I usually end up with.