View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger CS View Post
All stake holders treated equally with the same percentage of reduction is nothing less than fair just and reasonable treatment for all. That is the way it should be. Guides and outfitters have a strong organized voice, whereas we the general public are nothing more than squeaky wheels chirping in the dark. Unlike some who have stated their opinion regarding percentages, I believe 10% of all tags going to guides and outfitters is too high, 5% would be more reasonable. It is the citizens of the province who own our wildlife. Whey should a select few be entitled profit while residents who live here be denied opportunities to hunt. I realize that those in a position to financially benefit see it differently.
Well personally if I have 9 out of the 10 balls on the playground I think that's adequate. But if you feel you need 9 1/2 well then you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
One thing not mentionec here Ranger is that for the 15 WMUs that have higher then 10% non-resident allocations there are a hundred that are lower.
Many don't have any. All the southern WMUs don't have any elk allocations. WMUs where a few thousand resident whitetail hunters hunt every year only have 20-30 non-resident allocations. Some foothills WMUs only have 4-6 bear allocations but hundreds of residents hunt them every year.
It goes both ways. Many have said they want it like Saskatchewan, some larger WMUs there have 600-800 non-resident deer allocations. Most don't care because it doesn't affect them, but I bet it really irks the guy who lives down the road.
The system is far from perfect, but it certainly isn't all doom and gloom