View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY View Post
Who says I can't afford it ? Who says I don't own a quarter ?I have stated that hunting should not be a rich man sport. Not everybody has money to burn. You state about other jurisdictions in north America . But there is no other jurisdiction in Canada that gives landowners tags . So again who give s sh!t what Americans do . They have to pay to hunt to . I bet you are pushing for that as well aren't you as all farmers are poor? I will make sure that all landowner tags get taken so people like you will wait your turn like everybody else . I am also going to try and get the old rule brought back if you post your land you can't hunt it either .
Like it not, landowners hold the keys to the playground,,, and anti-landowner sentiment will most certainly close more gates and open the possibility to paid hunting as the solution to those locked gates.

I do not want see paid hunting in this province any more than you do,,,, but I do see a need for distinction in allocation priority when it comes to "residency status". We currently make distinctions between non res alien, non resident, resident and resident landowners when it comes to allocations.

Yes we need to examine those allocations as to how they are distributed, but to completely eliminate allocations just becuz it doesn't seem fair from your personal perspective, without considering the implications and future possible ramifications is hardly wise.

Is a handful of mule deer buck tags really worth all this spiteful rhetoric?