View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
My point is. Outfitters are so greedy nowadays. "just because this, I'm entitled to that." Like Tork said, it's like the kid on the basketball court that has 9 out of 10 balls and is whining for the last ball. It's sickening.

I don't see it. From what I understand IN MOST CASES, (correct me if I'm wrong), most tags given out on any given draw season are reserved for residents, based on percentage. I worked for a few different outfitters that I've never heard them complain about resident pressure. I'm sure there are a few bad apple outfitters out there who break the rules or are unkindly to residents. But there are just as many bad apple residents who aren't the greatest representation of ethical hunters either.

I'm a resident hunter and I also do a bit of guiding. I can see how guys don't understand how they have to wait "x" amount of years when a non-resident can come every year, but I know that I personally don't need a trophy antelope every year, or a moose, or an elk or mule deer in the draw zones, (I could pull a landowner mule deer every year if I wanted) where I live I am content with the opportunity I have, eventually I'll pull a tag and I won't have to pay stupid money for it.

The guide in me likes seeing guys buying hunts up here, I get to participate in the hunts and get paid to do it.