View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Its going to happen and its going to happen more quickly than people think because MSM do not understand the technical issue and thus are not reporting the whole picture. Believe me or not but stay tuned... I'm a realist and I'll cope with whatever happens. But as a reservoir guy I do know certain things are inevitable in the medium term with the removal of upwards of a trillion dollars in oil spending today. Oil isn't finding its own way to our tanks and none of the oil we've seen in NA over the last few years has been "easy" or "Cheap".

On the negative side we may end up facing skyrocketing oil prices in 2-3 years... too late for many unemployed AB'ers and just as the world economy is about to start on an economic recovery.
I find it interesting that the future market is reflecting the current scenario, rather than one with a dramatic increase. They've been wrong before, and it may just be following the herd, although I suspect that many larger operators such as the airlines would be buying as much cheap fuel as possible as a hedge now. One would think that those large operators would impact future prices on the upside rather than status quo.