View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad6510 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly that a proactive approach is the key. The CCFR is a well organized group that is doing a great job in lobbying our government, offering support and counsel to them in regards to changes. The more people we can get pushing guns into the positive light the better, however my fear is that, with a majority government whose leader is inept at best, that we may be forced into the corner and reaction would be our only play. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that, but I think if we can put aside our differences in pursuit of our common goals, we can actually make an impact. Special interest groups garner a lot of attention, usually pandering off the backs of victims, but they get heard and get results. We need to keep pushing.
High river has all but faded in many peoples minds, other than those affected. Had the RCMP illegally entered homes, seized pets and "lost" them, you can bet your ass the whole country would be up in arms. This is where we need to be focusing, getting the masses to realize that guns are not weapons, they are tools and sporting equipment but most importantly the personal property of law abiding citizens.
We should not have to feel like criminals because we enjoy a sport. But unless everyone can get on board I fear we will be pushed into that corner sooner rather than later
If our only goal and purpose is to shoot feathers, fur, clay or paper,
then the vast majority of non-gun owners will feel no sense of common purpose,
as they consider both us and our activities as distasteful, noisy, dangerous
and more importantly of no personal self interest or benefit.

IMHO, our task is to convince non gun-owners THEY are the prime beneficiaries,
of our activities and our firearm training and ownership.

Good Luck, YMMV.