View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Default Think your truck is covered on ice? Maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
Legal babble your agent gives you... Don't expect ice fishing sinkage coverage. Expect to fight tooth and nail painfully. And probably lose.

Remember who insurance companies really represent.

My 2 bits

^^^^ This. Agents and likely their supervisors don't know jack. You might have a case if you have written evidence you were told your covered, yet even then I wouldn't expect it.
When push comes to shove insurance companies will fight tooth and nail to deny your claim. Ask anyone who's house has burnt down.
You'd be better off buying a beater to drive on the ice IMO. I can't believe people drive newer trucks on the ice.
Risk vs Reward.
Also I would t be surprised if environmental fines could bankrupt most people. I'm guessing there but those kind of fines are rarely cheap.
Let's also keep in mind the environmental impact sinking a vehicle would have, "cleaned up" or not.
"thousands of tiny releases, carried by streams and storm drains to the sea, are estimated to equal an Exxon Valdez spill -- 10.9 million gallons of petroleum -- every eight months, the report says."
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/24/us...tudy-says.html

One drop of oil contaminates 1,000,000 litres of water. You don't even have to break through to have an impact.