View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
I've fished from a Sportspal canoe for forty years and never tipped it.

However, did fall out once when standing up and fly casting. Actually had the presence of mind to step out into the water when realizing that a struggle would have meant losing some valuable tackle! Never, ever stood up in that boat again! ALWAYS WEAR A LIFEJACKET.

Nothing special about handling, netting, and releasing fish compared to other vessels.

Trolling in windy conditions with a canoe is a pain. I have an electric motor but still try to get out of the wind if possible.

Anchoring a canoe can be a pain. I set mine over the side almost from the middle so that the boat often tends to circle around in semi calm conditions. A two anchor system would be better but is difficult in a canoe unless two people?
I love my Sportspal as well, and often flycast why standing in it as well as my freighter.
Most times I prefer to stand while paddling my canoes along a shoreline and have 60" paddles for that.
I also pole them at times.
Some people never get used to them but was brought up hunting and fishing out of them in them and love them, whether a small cruiser or larger freighter.
Cat