View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 03:04 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Today's check!

The badger gods smiled upon me and I saw this guy out and about!

I watched the badger go in the hole and then went over and set a trap. I had to excavate the entrance with my axe to make room for the trap. I set the trap and then blocked the hole back down with a fence post and a bit of cardboard. I covered everything with snow to only leave a small exit. I think this is as close to a sure thing as trapping gets. I'm excited to check tomorrow!
I love the Photos!
Looks like you have a pretty good handle on Beaver trapping.
It's not the number that counts, it's knowing how to catch the ones you are after be that one Beaver or one thousand Beaver.

Very cool to have a Badger on your line. I've never been in a position to trap one, we don't have them up here. But I've seen a few, when I was going to High School in Wetaskiwin, back in the very early 70s. 70, 71 and 72 actually. Got married in 73 and returned to the north to work Sisemic and trap. Not in the same year.

Anyway, the set looks good to me, but what do I know, I've never caught one.
Just a thought, You did make sure there was enough room for the jaws to swing? I didn't, once. Missed a good super with that mistake.

George Bernard Shaw