View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
So what methods are they striving to improve to help lessen non target catches (cougars) to just say they should just let us have a season is really not a good answer to me.
No body seems to want to answer that, like I mentioned in the other thread I don't think you radio broad cast did you any favours.
Are you aware Sage that F&W treed and shot 14 problem cougars in the Sundre area at tax payer expense? I'm not from that area but it seems like the cougar population is at extreme levels in the area.

The number of cougars that trapper caught seems very extreme and is not commonplace in my opinion.

I know for myself if I was catching that many cougars I would pull my snares. Like everything else there's good and bad in every bunch and the bad is generally what makes the most sensational news story.

I go to great lengths to avoid non target catches (deer in my area). I've caught hundreds of coyotes the past few years and have never killed a deer. I've had a few a year released by my breakaways. These breakaways also released a few very valuable coyotes for me. It's a cost I'm willing to accept to prevent deer catches.