View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:40 PM

I hate to get in on this but I gotta..trying to compare all bass boats to all aluminum boats us way to general. There are many different hulls available when you look at different boat brands as well as models. Bass boats that are under 17 ft are definitely meant to play on smaller water but 19 ft + boats are often designed to fish in some pretty crappy conditions and do just fine. A buddy has a 21 ft nitro and I have a 20 ft basscat. Both these boats will handle most lakes alberta has to offer. If high winds are forcast for slave then I won't be there but not many lund guys would want to go either. The basscat came from a lake of the woods tournament dude so it has seen some huge water. I do miss beaching my boat to go in for lunch and I use a rock guard for the truck and the boat has a bra to protect the gel from chips.
Now to clear up some misconceptions
As for weight mine is hull alone bout 18-1900lbs. And yes basscat boats have a lifetime transferable hull warranty. She holds 55 gallons of fuel. It's draw is about a foot . It has a thick keel protector so I can go into sand or gravel without damage. Fiberglass does flex so minor impacts don't hurt. Livewell is huge and hasn't killed a walleye during a tournament. I can hold everything you could ever want for rods and tackle and keep it out of the way in organized lockers not on the deck or standing up in holders waiting to get broke or snagged. It has a net storage locker. It's very fun and fast and with a 225 will break 70mph and there aren't many fishing boats around here that will touch it...(for the guys at the tournaments you will see a different prop on her this year )☺.
So if you still have any doubts about how a fiberglass bass boat hull will handle alberta water just ask the guys we have fished against at Moose or Pinehurst about the guys in the basscat lol