View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I thought they didn't weigh more? Can't have it both ways.

Since when has a bass boat been used as a charter on a big lake.

Bottom line is, fiberglass is more delicate. It breaks, it snaps and it suffers from osmosis.

It's also heavier. And the downrigger ball in the shower is a pretty good analogy, because everyone knows what would happen, it's obvious and illustrates the point very well, which is why you would rather dismiss it.

I realize your ego leads you to want to protect your heavy investment, but
get real. Fiberglass is not as durable, costs more, and bass boats are not the safest in large waves. Sure, you can deny that, but it don't make it true.

Lets see how your fiberglass boat survives in the Bow.

Sure fiberglass has some advantages, but the OP wanted to know if a Bass Boat was a good buy for Alberta Waters, and he has the answer, deep V Aluminum is a more practical for this environment. The also depreciate less (I wonder why).
First of all we were talking fiberglass boats in general not just bass boats so don't try and twist it to your liking

If you read my posts you will see I never said aluminum was not lighter

Ok if you want to use the shower analogy then let's see what happens if you drop a down rigger ball on aluminum foil.

You still have not proven that aluminum is more stable then fiberglass in big water and you won't because it not.

As far as protecting my investment I already said I've had both and fiberglass was superior on big waters you and your tinner may be fine on a creek like the bow but it won't play with the big boys

Can you show me were aluminum boat depreciate less.

Oh by the way I do own a 16.5 ft Crestliner tinner just don't take it on big rough water

Mack