View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
I thought I explained this pretty well but for the slower folk I'll try again. Don Anderson has a long history of attacking fellow outdoorsmen on this forum for enjoying outdoor pursuits that he doesn't feel fit his model of conservation. ATV use in particular. Constantly screaming that they be banned because he doesn't approve. Have a look at his threads started and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Now here we are with a ban alright, but this one wipes out a form of recreation that he partakes in. To post it here is a public statement that he disapproves and is looking for support. No doubt he will find some. In fact if you read close you'll see I stated that I disagree with the decision to close that section of the river.
Typically I don't visit or comment in the fly fishing section, nor do I fish "quality lakes", because everyone needs their special place to hang out with like minded people and I respect that. I don't know what lead to ishootbambi's suspension but I don't see anything untruthful in his comments.

I find it highly hypocritical that anyone who has been very vocal advocating against the outdoor pursuits of others would now complain about a closure that effects them personally. Let's not talk about the closures that certain individuals personally advocated for to create C&R fisheries at the expense of other anglers or advocating for banning ATV's, let's just talk about a closure that effects the individual who actively advocates against the activities of other outdoorsmen. People the do that kind of thing won't get any sympathy from me, I feel schadenfreude.....or as we say in the Army, it looks good on them!