View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
When did Pigeon have a 1 over 50 cm limit? The following makes it sound like it went from catch and release straight to tags.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=11006

If I understand that right tags started in 2006, FWIN data was very good in 2003, 2004 and 2005 so if it had been opened prior there was no damage done...

Maybe it had a 1 fish limit back in the 80's or 90's but that was before it was ever recovered and you can't assume that it doesn't work to sustain walleye populations when it clearly does seem to be working on some other lakes that we have definitive evidence on.

I haven't fished here long enough to know every detail but I am pretty certain that a system such as I have proposed has never been implemented here as I have seen nothing saying otherwise and I also know that my system requires recovered lakes to be successful and many of these lakes have only just been recovered...
So your plan is based off one lake? Pigeon?? LOL!
Looks like you should change your "plan" for a one fish limit at Pigeon. Sounds like you agree on specific management too so we both agree.

If you want a good example of an area that was reduced take NB1. Slowly reduced to 1 on most lakes and eventually tags for any that have walleye sustainment. Why? So that the remaining fish can be managed and are not fished out as well even at a 1 fish limit. I don't understand how you can't see this as the same.