View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercoal View Post
Lots of cows back there MTI. Lots. Saw them in August last year. No reason for that road to be closed. No logging on weekends. Used to be open. I read the Bulltrout study too. The bull trout section is BELOW the falls. Yah, I know the area pretty well myself. Lived in Rocky for 6 years. Been all over that back Country, including Sheep hunting. Scouted a new trail into the two falls below Ram Falls this winter on our snowmobiles. Won't need the damn Logging road. Love the way the forestry company also builds a road and uses part of an old cut line as well to 'block access', turning 100 yards of a cut line into 'logging road'. If you get caught on just 1 yard of the road, you are 'trespassing'. It is all about blocking access to the backcountry in general
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercoal View Post
MTI... You mentioned 'and area' as closed. That isn't correct. If you are quadding and using cut lines on Crown Land, that isn't closed. Just the road is.
I had the map saved on my phone from last year for the area closure, for the life of me can't find it now. Was from last year.
Regardless, the reason the existing cutlines are used for road building is that it is a requirement. Utilize existing cutlines when possible. You will find that with all roads in the west country. No hidden agenda.
And actually there is activity in there 7 days a week at times. Logging trucks don't haul to the mill on the weekends, but still work going on back there. There is a forwarding yard at km 4 as well, trucks will haul from the back to the yard on some weekends.
Logging operations MUST adhere to all SRD guidelines and regulations. Spot checks happen quite often and they are enforced!