View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
I'm quite familiar with the area that I'm hunting but have never actually drawn a muley tag given the wait times. So before I put in for the draw I wanted to be sure I was going to have permission in the core area I wanted to hunt, which happens to be numerous sections owned by different landowners. We're hunting both muleys and whitetail and while the muleys are quite numerous the whitetail are more spreadout. I'm not going to limit myself to one or two places and be looking at muleys on the other side of a fence trying to find a number, especially when it's only a Wed-Sat season and when none of the permission is by any means exclusive.

This forum is hilarious, guys get called out when they put in for a tag in a zone they have never visited nor have any permission in, and then go asking for tips and contacts. I do it the opposite way and some still find fault.

It's too bad that you are bothered by getting calls from respectful and law abiding hunters. I guess that's the price you pay for being lucky enough to own land in a prime hunting area.
Nice reply to a land owner