View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
No I don't have a problem with any one of the messengers . And how can you compare a diminished fishery to the flu ?

My problem is the Government in the way its lack of managing the fishery . After reading up on the information , it seems that things never change . Its not just 1 lake with over population im looking at the entire picture but using Lake Sun dance as an example to why don't they do something with these fish other then kill them and eat them or kill them and use them for fertilizer or whatever . It baffles me to know why beside Genetics why they wouldn't move these fish else where . I'm coming into the topic knowing about what im talking about after looking at different provinces with no problems or excuses with there fishery . Granted they don't have the fishing pressure we do in Alberta but you know that when there's places in the east you have 5 or 6+ keep limits , could be accounted for the same number of fishermen and women who are in this province able to tag the odd fish keep or toss back . I'm sure if you evened it all out it would be close along the board . This might be a little confusing . Anyway I gotta get going will argue this when I return later .
1) so talk to SRD about the problem
2) read the previous posts.......this is a private community which at the time of selling, had a feature "a trout pond" until someone thought different....wrecked their recreational fishery...they bought,,, they own it.....good on them to try and get it back....this lake has nothing to do with SRD other than the fact that sundance has advised to them what he (et al) are doing...and have their blessing....thus "DO NOT TRANSPORT LIVE PERCH"