View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwirky View Post
just got back from checking it out. The lake's about 4 miles east of keoma. access to the middle lake is via the range road right on the west side of the lake. ~200 yard walk east from the road along a foot path to a floating bargelike dock. the foot path was in front of a grey house on the west side of the RR

i brought my fly rod but strangely the wind was blowing west. i bait casted smelts from shore on my spincast rod.

i got a couple nibbles but i think the fish are too small close to shore. An hour later I packed up when the wind blew in rain.

i'm borrowing my mom's little inflatable and gonna try again on saturday to see if there's anything in there. If there's no luck I'll take the inflatable to Dewitt's pond Sunday and try fly fishing there for trout.
Slow down there skippy. That is private land you tresspassed on to get to that spot. The only place public can fish is the north lake from the road. You can take your boat and go over the weir and cross from the north lake to the middle lake, because the lake itself is public. But don't be tresspassing on land especially since it's fenced, gated, and no tresspassing signs are there. Respect the land owners. I've heard the guy that owns the land shoot first and asks questions later.

I will be there on the road area thursday night from about 7:30-9:00 if anyone wants to BS about fishing. Trying to convince a buddy to come and we might paddle his dingy to the middle lake, wind depending.