View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Default Correlation to laws and practices in other countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Your right, I don't get your argument. What the heck does it matter what they are doing in a third world country? We are talking about the situation that we have here in AB. Please stop clouding the issue with ridiculous comparisons that have absouloutly no bearing to this discussion. I'm surprised you haven't brought up the famine in Somalia, or the drug cartells in Mexico. Let's try to stay on point.
My apologies, apparently the scathing sarcasm in my comment went right over your head. Let's try this instead: as our population grows, the hunting opportunities for Alberta residents will continue to decline. Higher priority will be required to get draws; that means more years between draws for Alberta residents.
The Guides and Outfitters profit from, and lobby for the continuation of the existing system, at the expense of the Alberta residents. Which is no different than what goes on in African countries with guided hunting safaris. The only real difference is the dollar value of the hunt.

The residents (that would be us) should be happy with what we have, look at the game animals that we could potentially hunt, if the tags were available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You might want to do some more research before telling Alberta residents to book a hunt with an outfitter, using an outfitter allocation. How about you pick up the phone, call up an outfitter, and try and book a hunt using one of his outfitter allocations. Then post and let us know how you made out.
Thanks for that information, I was not aware that we cannot book a hunt with a local guide. I assumed that their allocated tags were available to whomever wanted to book a hunt.
So, the situation is even worse than I thought.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell