View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
The industry is not going anywhere. People have been crying and whining about Outfitters for the last 50 years, and yet, here we are.

The industry brings in foreign money to our economy, an economy that isn't doing the best right now I might add. Like I said earlier, just because you don't make a living off it doesn't mean others that do aren't just as important. I'm sure I can find somebody that would like to eliminate every one of the industries you guys work in, but it doesn't make it right.
There you go off the deep end again, cry wolf.

I never stated any desire to end Outfitting or guiding, for residents or non-residents. So it is clear, I am in favour of both. There is room for Outfitters/guides and I am a Proponent of maintaining non-resident access to hunting big game, even when and where the species is on a draw for residents.

My comments were in relation to Outfitter Allocations, Big Game allocations to be specific. The Outfitting industry could carry on just fine, even grow, without having a licence specific allocation.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."