View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So you are going to try and tell us that the non resident hunters that hunted species that resident hunters would have had to draw tags for brings in 100million dollars every year?

Lets look at pronghorns, how many allocations are there? How much money does that bring in every year? How many Alberta residents do you suppose travel outside of Alberta to hunt pronghorns on a regular basis? I know of several myself, and I certainly don't know them all. Now when you take the money that outfitter allocations for pronghorn bring to the Alberta economy, and subtract the money that Alberta residents spend outside Alberta to hunt pronghorn, how much does Alberta gain from those outfitter allocations for pronghorn?

Then look at mule deer and add up what Alberta gains every year from those mule deer allocations.

So how many million does Alberta receive every year from both pronghorn and mule deer?

Right, so just use antelope and draw Mule deer ?

What about sheep ? Lots of people complain about that too

How about moose and elk ? Chucks mad about the moose, I'm sure somebody else doesn't want elk hunters either.

So Cougar ? Nope, hound guys don't want those non residents to share with

Whitetails and bears then ? Only where no resident wants to hunt them, maybe up north where there's no roads ?

You can't pick and choose what "you" are ok with staying or going. There's somebody out there that wants it all gone.

100 million dollars of money goes into the Alberta economy every year because of the outfitting industry. That's 100 million that wouldn't be coming here if there was no non resident allocations.

And for that, you share maybe 5% (likely less if I crunched the numbers) of the total hunting opportunities in this province. If you honestly have a problem with that you are one dam greedy person in my opinion.