View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
All Good .. There are a few guys around who try to keep tabs on the Outfitting business but really, only a few have an inside track making the real info almost impossible to gather. That situation gives rise to speculation and innuendo which is readily apparent. The fact that there is little to no transparency regarding the Gov't dealings with APOS is definitely not a good thing.
It's really not all about animals.... more about methods.
Trust me, I took issue with how a few guides in my zone operated, and in all honesty in recent years most, if not all crooked guides in my zone have slowly been weeded out. I know it's possible to both run a successesful outfitting business and have the respect of the local community, I'm living proof!

I run about an 80% success rate with my clients, and in the years since I started guiding I have went from about 6 quarters of land I can hunt on to over 20 sections, and the only land I have any type of exclusive rights to is friends land that nobody else could have hunted on anyway.

The animals that most residents have to have a draw for, have a way bigger threat than non resident aliens.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-07-2017 at 08:13 PM.