View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Prove it time....

Someone who thinks it's ok, do it and post a video here.

Wait for the knock at the door.

LC
Rather then spending tens and hundreds of thousands to PROVE it,why not just test it?
I'm sure there are RCMP members follow AO...likely even this thread in particular?
I'm sure there also many AO members that have RPAL and pistols and live in a rural area where they can legally without hassle/no questions asked plink tin cans from their back deck with their non-restricted .22 on any given Sunday.
Chances are also quite good that some of these RPAL holding/pistol owning/rural living AO members also have friends,neighbours,huntin buddy,hockey line mate,drinking buddy that is RCMP.
So here's what you do.....
-Invite your RCMP buddy Bob over for back deck BBQ next Sunday.
-before he arrives,pull out the Ruger 10/22 and set up tin can alley in backyard.
-plink cans with your good buddy Bob with said non-restricted rifle,same as you've done together legally in your backyard on many occasions
-tell Bob that you are now going to your safe and gonna pull out your legally stored and registered 9mm Glock 17 to shoot some cans.

Now of course at this point,RCMP Bob will tell you that's illegal and we can't be doing this and why would you put him in this situation?

Then you say"Well Bob,I don't believe it is illegal and I'm doing it and what are you gonna charge me with?"
That's when Bob will scratch his head and think really hard and say "Gee whiz Bill,I'm not really sure,but I know it must be illegal."
So then you have Bob call his Supervisor and ask him what he should charge you with....and his answer will be the same...hmmmm...Bill is not in contravention of any transport laws,nor storage laws,and he is a legal and lawful RPAL holder,and the gun is properly registered to his proper address,and there's no reckless nor carelessness discharge and it's safe and legal to shoot his .22 and 12ga and .300winmag there,,,,,hmmmmm....let me get back to you on that.
So RCMP Supervisor will call Crown Prosecutor and explain that he has this redneck scofflaw shooting his Glock from the back deck of his home out in FarmVille and what do I charge him with??
....and the Crown will scratch his head and think real hard and get out his big stack of law books and say l"let me get back to you on that."
So a few hours or a few days or a few weeks if you insist go by and Mr. Crown Prosecutor call back RCMP Supervisor and says "Damn,I've read and reread every Section of Firearms Act and I know the CC inside and out and I really can't find any appropriate section of CC to charge this guy with if he wants to shoot his pistol at home nor any Section of the Firearms Act that he is in contravention of....how can this be,OH the humanity!!
So then he tells RCMP Supervisor Joe to tell your Constable Bob to tell this redneck scofflaw that if he dares to fire one single round from that pistol in his backyard were gonna come at him with everything we've got and make his life hell and leave him in financial ruin!!
"But just between me n you Joe.....we really got nothing on him.....shhhhhhh....if the sheeple find out it will be madness and anarchy,scofflaws shooting tin cans and gophers with Glocks and AR-15s all over the province and country!!
We cannot and will not have this Joe!!Think of the children Joe!!"

Oh and while your waiting for response from RCMP Supervisor and Crown.....might as well pull out your 25rd HotLips mags for the Ruger and dare him to charge you with Posession of a prohibited device while yer at it and your here anyway.

Last edited by West O'5; 03-20-2017 at 12:36 PM.