View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
Lol, well I do like trout, but I feel that chain lakes fills the put and take opportunity down there. It sucks that the lake can't sustain a walleye population and I support allowing the harvest rather than wasting the fish. I answered the survey stating that I would rather they put the money into improving the spawning habitat or forage base rather than stock a bunch of 10 inchers that will be bonked at first opportunity. 2nd preference would be a lake similar to birch with Bows, Browns and brookies managed to a tighter limit or minimum size. But at the end of the day I understand what is happening and why.

What I meant by my comment is that this is going to turn into a gong show for the first month or two, which is the real shame. I wonder if F&W is even going to bother enforcing the limit - I mean they want it fished out so why even put a limit. From some of the posts I've seen not only here but on other social media, sounds like a lot of rules are going to be bent in an effort to multiply allowable limits and get a few extra lbs of walleye.
People should be fighting for PCR to become a trophy trout fishery which means stocking lower numbers and having reduced catch limits with size restrictions.

It will probably become catch and keep but if people fight for it(start sending emails, go to any meetings in the area etc) they might be able to persuade AEP to turn it into a trophy fishery. Alberta needs more good trout lakes that don't have to rely on aeration. Taking a small pond and adding a aerator doesn't make a "trophy" lake.