Thread: 25-06 dilemna
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
That is unfortunate about your rifles. My X-Bolt adjusted down to the advertised 3 pounds. My friends is factory at about 3 and half where he is leaving it, and the multiple I have handled in stores have all had 3.5 to 4.5 factory set pull weight.

The adjustment is extremely easy to access and to adjust. Screw it out for lighter, screw it in for heavier.
The trigger did surprise me at the beginning, there is no creep at all, im used to touching a trigger and feeling the slightest movement towards getting to the sear before applying the weight to break. There is no movement at all. It is a 3 pound break that is more similar to higher end triggers than sloppy low end triggers. Once your used to it, you appreciate it vs bothered by it.

As for the rest of the rifle design, I couldnt think of a single feature that could be done differently for improvements. As far as the limits of Steel Wood and Polymers go, this is on the bullseye.

I love my Ruger no. 1 single shot, but on the topic of Bolt actions, i would choose X-Bolt if I was only allowed to keep one.
I totally agree, the feather triggers are great and simple to adjust. When I initially adjusted mine it wouldn't go less then 6 or 5lbs. I just got a bad apple.

I'd get one in .308 if I were to buy another.