View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
But, it was stolen. There is going to be money going somewhere.

I pay a lot of insurance yearly. Really a lot. If I have a boat, trailer, truck, kicker, gear, electronics, radar stolen I file a claim for ~$245,000.00. I win. They don't fight big claims too hard, especially with the proof they demanded for value prior to writing the insurance and taking my money.

Then Ford sells me a truck, Seaswirl a boat, Canadian tire, fishin hole, wholesale sports, Yamaha, Cabelas all get to sell me everything they sold me last time. They win. This has never happened to me. I just pay. The insurance company wins with me, so far knock on teak.

If I have a lawnmower stolen that is worth $1000 insurance hits me for $500 deductible, then the adjuster says the mower is only worth $650 so here is your $150, take it or leave it. Oh and by the way you are no longer claims free, so you lose that discount. Oh and because of the high rate of thefts in your area you insurance is going up. So obviously I do not claim, I am out $1000. So John Deer wins because I go back to them to buy another $400 riding mower for $1185 because 'the american dollar is kicking our butts, we had to adjust prices this year'.

SO John Deer and Insurance wins. Plus the crook wins.

The economic model is sound, you just have to contort your vision to see it lol.

Or not buy yourself such nice things to begin with and then you won't be affected much by crime.

If you have $250,000 worth of toys and it gets stolen you can't cry foul when you have to pay the cost to replace them.
Should have bought something less expensive and not as shiny,
To give temptation to the thief.

Or at least blame the criminal and not the dealerships, as it was not them that stole your items,

Or one step further,
It's no ones fault but your own, if y ou decide to have $250,000 worth of toys for someone to steal in the first place.

If I only have $70,000 worth of toys and the Jones's have double that and they get targeted and not me,
Because the dumb crooks know their stuff is worth more,
Maybe they should have been a little conservative in their purchasing.

Or

Why would a thief steal a Ford Ranger, when the F-350 parked beside it yields a bigger payday.