View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 PM

Pretty much, i've never caught a fish of this size on a walleye set up from shore inside the city. To say it was a surprise is quite the understatement.

But rest assured she went back in much better condition than a lot of fish that are "released" into the river around here, with guys stepping on them trying to get them to stop flopping and what not.

I was legit shaking the whole time this was happening. I thought the whole time I was going to lose her. As I said, being the genius I am I decided to switch to a lighter flourocarbon for walleye jigging. (the pic with the steel leader is much older, was just using it as comparison for the average fish i catch from this spot. they are almost cookie cutter like that here)

Rest assured when I fish the river I'm bring my spool of 30lb flouro for leader material from now on hahaha. Picky walleyes be damned, there are slough sharks around need to be prepared and then you can avoid the panic stricken look that I'm rocking in the selfie.

Seriously that dumb gaping mouth I have in this photo is probably the most embarrassing facial expression I've ever shared publicly lmao. I look like such a schmuck.

Last edited by NSR Fisher; 08-15-2017 at 12:09 AM.