Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Sorry Kurt, its not my calculateor, its not my take on the recoil thing since you brought it up in the above posts

No one on the forum is forcing you too believe anything, but the 2 links above are ways too access info that folks can use in finding what at least comes close too what they are searching for.

Funny how your talking about a 5 pound rifle even though you posted the rifle your picking up "will" be 4 1/2 lbs, then when you have the link it seems that a spin in direction pops up.

Yes, a 12 lb rifle is heavy for people who are not strong enough to pack something like that, no big deal since its not my old sheep rifle.

Each person picks what works since you prefer 4 and 1/2 lb rifles that support over 24 lbs recoil.

You'd mentioned on earlier posts above that recoil is a cause of Hunters missing game and vital shots, now your suggesting that this recoil is nothing.

I'm guessing it is everyone reading this thread that are confused my friend.

None of us are blind since the links are closer too reality than just words,,, purhaps it's your turn too bring links an proof that a 4 1/2 lb rifle does not have as much recoil as some Magnums then.

My 308 shooting 178gr bullets is very comparable to a 243 win yet it is a small fraction greater than that.

Show all of us what a 4 1/2 lb 6.5 Creedmoor is now that you have access to the links, that way we can see how your coming up with the recoil ideas that you brought up.

Don
Now I understand where you're coming from...... you make up scenarios to try and fit them into your argument so it helps your position. That's most likely why most of your posts seem to come from way out in left field.

If you go back and re-read what you're quoting me on you'll find I used a 5lb 280ai in my example because I have a model 24 Nula 280ai in my gun locker and I have a model 20 Nula 6.5 Creedmoor on order that, again if you got back and read all of what I wrote, I am hoping to have here before November.

Some people think packing around a 5lb rifle all hunting season is for weaklings, other people think packing around a 12lb rifle all hunting season is for morons. I guess it all in how you see things.

My view is, if I can shoulder my rifle on the 8th hour of packing it to put my sights on an animal just as easily as I can on the 1st hour of the hunt with a smaller caliber, my odds of holding steady on target are way better than packing around a 12lb rifle so as not to get hurt by the recoil of a big bore caliber would be on the 8th hour.

Maybe it's just me? Or maybe it's just experience combined with common sense? If you ever get the chance you should read up on Melvin Forbes, see what his take is on it and see what the gun writers think about Melvin, his rifles, and his theories on the subject. Although he doesn't speak much about caliber (because he's in the business of building hunting rifles not making life decisions for people), he will give you insight into recoil vs rifle design and rifle weight. I'm sure it will be to your benefit to have a peek at what he has to say about things.