Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Apples to oranges.

but

Must read.

Check this out:

http://www.nugget.ca/2014/03/25/mnr-...at-two-walleye

Oh no. They are thinking about doing like Alberta. lol

Some apples to oranges would include:

* Fourth largest lake in Ont.(excluding great lakes)
* Shallow for a large lake - avg depth about 15 feet.
* Much further South than in AB Longer growing season.
* Spawn at age 3 versus age 5 here.
* Way more water bodies in Ontarible.
And more.

Edit: The Spank- Education should be do not fish in water over 25', 30' at the most. You/people wont wait long enough to safely bring them up in deep water. Surprised that bios would tell you that.
Yes I have heard about this from many friends still residing in the area. Personally I believe what has taken place from accounts of friends andxwhatcI was witnessing prior to my departure from Ontario is an "if you can't beat them join them" attitude attributed to the year round netting and overharvesting of fish from the out of control Ni****ing First Nations Band. Every smoke shop, variety store, chip stand, gas bar and a number of private individuals with signs in front of their houses advertising walleye for sale is selling the stuff from North Bay to Sturgeon Falls (reservation lands) and undoing years of hard work and dedication by the true sportsman and tourism stakeholders in the area. But of course we cannot say that publicly?! Sad, sad, sad.....

And yes there is a HUGE difference in the number of waterbodies between AB and ON, about 250,000 difference to be exact!