View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 11:05 PM

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I greatly appreciate it.

Dick284, I have Nikon binoculars and the scope on my .22 is a Nikon. I figured I will try something new.

Ken3134 and Fwee6, I have no personal experience with Bushnell (except for some cheap binoculars long time ago), but I have heard some bad things about it and not sure I want to buy one. In general, for whatever reson, I associate Bushnell with Walmart, which is not a good thing (don't know why).

t.tinsmith, I have never looked through a Burris scope. Maybe I will look into it a little more.

I am surprised only one person suggested Zeiss. Is there anything wrong with it? I looked through Zeiss on my cousin's rifle and I was amazed how much light comes through when it is practically dark. I took my first whitetail (second deer, mule was first) with that gun with that scope on it

Is it just the warranty that Leupold has or is it that much better since pretty much everyone suggested it?

I am leaning towards Leupold 2-7 at this, though before reading through your suggestions I was thinking to get Zeiss 2-7 or 3-9. I am fairly new to this whole thing, so don't judge too harshly

I have another question for BLR owners. How did you mount the scope on? Did use a picatinni rail or rings straight up? I was looking into the rails and the only one I found was this one. I would appreciate any suggestions in regards to mounting. What rings (or rail and rings) did you use?

If you guys post some pics of your set up, it would awesome.

Again, thanks to all.