View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Thanks. You can have it.
Sure will

Sounds like you suffer from NotEnoughGreatFishingSpotsInitis.
You need to expand your horizons in AB including ice fishing. That and if you really have that much have of an itch, you should really explore some BC coast rivers. They are pretty spectacular right now. Make an extended long weekend (Fri and Mon) and you have yourself something great on those rivers.

I always get a laugh when I hear about someone hung up on one particular type of fishing. This includes just fly fishers. Or bored with close by lakes. So what's the problem? You or the fishing

There are opportunities each and every month that I look forwards to. Salmon fishing would be just one of them. You have already taken on the most expensive one. You might be surprised how quickly you can get setup for a new style of fishing, a lot less $$$ and how rewarding the change is. Right now I'm thinking about spectacular dry fly fishing for some really big cutties. Or, sight fishing some whites in the shallows. It is literally killing me that I'm not out there and have farm work to do instead.

Ice fishing is probably the hardest to argue but event that I am really looking forwards to. Hunting huge whites at Pigeon that peel off a lot of line and take 10 minutes to land sure scratch an inch. Beyond that, doing some camera fishing is very relaxing but also interesting and exciting. If you setup a shack and sit there,....well...I'd sell my stuff too.

Failing all that, time to rethink your career and move. You just might become the happiest boat owner alive...

Last edited by SNAPFisher; 09-23-2017 at 08:09 AM.