View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I admit only ice fishing for about 15 years, the first 10 were all over the place with a hand augar and maybe some days a tarp over my head. Later on I got a few tents and tried cameras, fishfinder, flashers. I got a shack on skis when my old fishing friend was unable to handle the cold and setup. He is the same one that got me into fly fishing and kept me in hunting.
When he left I just couldn't sit in the shack anymore looking at his empty seat thinking he was dead. Some will remember the story.
I didn't flyfish much, wasn't my thing. I enjoyed tying more than throwing, have long since gotten rid of all the fly tying stuff and most of the gear.
Fishing for me at this stage in my life is just as much about travelling the world and knocking all the species off my bucket list I can. I am not a c&r guy, I fish to eat. I am glad that guys enjoy fishing their backyards, good for you!
Right now I am looking for information and past experiences on salt water trips. Exotic locations and other fish that fight like demons excite me, company of surgeon excluded.
Sounds good and that makes way more sense to me. I hope you get so much traveling in you get home sick... in the good sense that is

Just getting ready to head out on one of those fall cutthroat days. I've been waiting a year for this particular trip. It is year 10 or so of doing the same trip and I hardly slept last night. Which dry fly will be king today? Can't wait!