View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Scott, I agree with your mention of drivers of company trucks or those who expense their fuel, that scenario also leads to waste in the form of excess idling and increased driving. People who are paying for their fuel have the general tendency to conserve it, of course many with higher incomes might not bother to conserve but at least then the cost is borne the individual responsible for it. I run my own small company and I am quite conscious of my fuel expenses, every litre of fuel that I don't burn is money saved. I've recently had a job where I included a fairly significant (for me) fuel expense in my quote and I'm trying to be frugal with that too. Check my tire pressures, try to minimize cargo weight, drive the speed limit or even slightly below (trailering).

Compare this to a person used to 'free charging' and who is going to be more conscious of their usage? That electricity still has emissions embedded in it regardless of its source and the more consumption there is those emissions naturally increase.

I'm still wondering why the roof, hood and trunks of EV's aren't covered in solar panels.
I think I saw that they had solar roof in Japan but that it didn't qualify for North American safety (???).
That Tesla semi would definitely seem like a no brainer to have a solar roof.