View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Sounds good. I did the same.

One of the lakes I was concerned with was Gull. As in why is it not listed in PP2 with the rest? My concern is the ridiculous pike limit of 3 over 63 still in place while places close by like Sylvan will likely be zero retention. Talk about taking a lake that was really good for pike, is now a "meh" of it's recent former self, and pretty much leaving it to be pillaged. Not good in my books and I let them know.
This is the whole argument I have been making for quite a while now.

Wabamun, Ste. Anne, Pigeon are already 0 limit on Pike. Now adding Buck and Sylvan. Guess where all the meat fishermen are going to be next year? Every year fisheries converges the catch and keep fishing pressure on fewer and fewer lakes. That is not a management strategy that will ever work.

As far as I am concerned they need to try opening everything up to limited retention with protective size restrictions(be it minimum sizes, slots or a combo depending on location). 5-10 years down the road if it is obvious that it isn't working then at that time make everything tags/C&R. Its a last ditch attempt cause what they are currently doing is obviously not working.