View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
My line is never “tangled up”, it wasn’t frozen up, and I explained how the drag was set perfect. It had caught a fish no more than an hour ago.
Either the line at the rod tip got looped, or it snagged up on the JJ’s loop.
And the size of the fish clearly has a factor. A perch isn’t gonna flip the whole contraption. Even when the line loops around just before the last eye, it only adds drag.
As good as the JJ is, it couldn’t be more cheaply made. I mean it doesn’t need to be titanium, but some mass would make it much more stable. Slightest bit of water can effect the trigger, and the hole is wide open to freeze up.
And some form of securement for the rod would have given me enough time to save it. If your using a light rod and low drag, you may as well be using a tip up almost.
Hey PlayDoh. Sorry to hear about what happened. What I do is tether the JawJacker to the ice using an Ice tent Anchor screw with tip up line. I witnessed the exact same thing happen to a fellow angler at Wab last year that happened to you .But what I did notice with his set up was the JJ arms were extended to the side and not full extended out. Tight Lines