View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
Sorry read other comments after typing mine:

I don't want a heavier jaw jacker, I like them nice and light. Easier to drag around.

I see a lot of guys set them up wrong even though you said you had it extended all the way. It should never tip over if drag is set right. Even if the drag is tight I'm not sure if it will go over. I'll have to try it out next time I'm on the ice to see if even possible. I've even had my line get tangled on the jaw jacker or reel. The line broke before the thing tipped over. I've caught a lot of fish on the jaw jackers and never seen them go over yet. Now the Trigger is a different story wouldn't trust it will an expensive rod at all.

Sucks for your loss, but should be avoidable in the future.
Ya it was a fluke for sure. I've been having ridiculous luck this past couple weeks, so it fit right in there with the other Murphy's jokes. I've never seen mine tip or lift at all before, and this was a split second spring-flip. I have braid on so theres no breaking off. Well except for the time last week when I had braid break somehow. It was a couple seasons old so no real mystery, yet it did shock me. And the second time, 15 mins later, after taking off a couple feet, was Murphy doing.