View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Exactly if you only have a few knives and don't mind taking forever to sharpen them, then stones/water/oil are fine. When you have about 30 knives kitchen and family hunting/fishing knives combined the work sharp style is the only way to go.
I have 4 katz knives 2 lion kings and alley cat and a predator11 by katz,3 russel knives ,6 other decent hunting knives,4 of the older normark fillet knives,2 buck fillet knives,plus my good axes for staking claims and cutting posts,my ice auger blades,and some small pocket knives,then there's the household kitchen wear and I can do the whole works in couple hours.

That's a pile of blades to sharpen,my eyes aren't what they use to be so staring at a stone for 15 minutes for one good sharpening job is not going to happen.i bought 2 of these work sharp's a while ago incase one breaks.

When I am in camp or out on a hunting trip some guys or guides carry a not so sharp knife and I do every ones for 2 bucks a piece.All that does is pay for belts.For a hundred or so bucks you can't go wrong,but don't go crazy with the 220 belt or you can bugger up a knife.That 6000 belt compound on it is use to polish F-16's so you won't hurt your knife.I carry an inverter in my truck or boat so they can work in most places specially when fishing.