View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 05:00 PM

Dean2 I think that is great you want to help out but there are a lot of issues with it. What areas do your dollars work towards? Is it fair that you live in GP and we use your funds for Southern Alberta? Not everyone will be for that.

I think the whole province doesn't need wolves killed but there are certain areas that really need it.

I like the idea of hitting Sheep areas first.
I would love to belong to a program that let me run around and kill wolves and it was paid for. Problem is that most areas are RFMA and I can't trap them.
If the rules changed and I could and it was worth my time I would ask fish and wildlife to start donation boxes people could drop off scraps. Also have them call the Ledcor's and highway people who pick up roadkill and have them drop it off at a secure location just for the wolf trappers. Then it is a one stop shop and I could pick up truckloads. If I had piles of roadkill and wild meat scraps it would be really helpful.

Also here is a thought which I got pounded on here before for saying but why can't we increase tag prices even as little $5 or so but have that money go towards the wolf killing? Why can't the Cadomin sheep Auction or ministers tag purchase have a percentage to killing wolves? Lots of ways to raise funds to help the cause and it doesn't need people to donate.

I've said it before, this province is mis managed in wildlife practices.
You could earn $100 000K a year very easily and have a bounty of $1000 or more and kill a lot of wolves if a guy knew what he was doing and had some help from Fish and Wildlife and Roadways.....

Spruce also made a comment about beef cows. It sure would be nice to have a farmer call me up when a cow dies and use it for wolves on crown land but you can't anymore. It isn't the best bait to use domestic animals but it does work. I have seen the difference to know but in a pinch it will work.