View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I Think Griffon is out of hockey now?? He was waived by Las Vegas.. Nope I see that he has played a total of 27 games for the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.. I understand that he will be highly desired by Horse lake Thunder as they make their way into the spring..... What a TRADE!!!
And as bad as that was, it pales in comparison to the cluster he left in Boston. Dallas has an absolute would class player in Tyler Seguin and Boston has absolutely nothing in return. A quick google search will show a couple or three other blunders in Boston where IMO he should have been tarred and feathered.

Larson is a really decent D-man but Taylor Hall is a world class winger that actually wanted to be here. I like Larson but here have been at least 5 or 6 D-men come and go in the last few years with the same potential and it isn't like they haven't had many draft picks to build a solid D.

Jordan Eberle was a 20 goal man last year and has 16 goals and 22 assists already this year. These are top 6 numbers. These type of players are really hard to come by and would be an asset on any team. You don't throw them away for a maybe 3rd or 4th line guy that wouldn't make most NHL rosters.

Who would make any teams 3rd line is Tyler Pitlick. 8 goals, 8 assists and plus 11 in 46 games this year with Dallas. After a 6 year investment in a young player he had finally turned the corner last year. He had 8 goals and 3 assists in 31 games with the Oilers and looked confident. He was simply let go for nothing and of course snapped up quickly by anyone that ever watched a hockey game before.

What is most scary is the complete lack of depth left in the minors. There is nothing up and coming as they have been all squandered away.

Trade the twin tractors; Lucic and Maroon at the deadline for a couple of decent forward prospects and rid yourself of Peter Chiarelli while there is still a team left.