View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Exactly. These guys spend more time driving to the dealership than I take to service my vehicles.

“It’s not worth my time”??? I service my vehicle in about 20 minutes. You guys pay $50-$90 and drive to the dealership, check in with the service advisor, wait for your car, pay with your interac card, drive home.

Before you pull into the shop to deal with the service advisor I’m in my La-Z-Boy watching the Roughriders with money in my jeans.

I will give you guys caveats though:
1. I’m a field mechanic and can easily dispose of the oil and filters. That would be the biggest pain for Joe Blow.
2. I shop for filters and oil once a year when on sale. I have enough inventory to service everything I own for probably a year and a half. I wouldn’t be saving time if I had to run to Canadian tire everytime a service came due.
^^ Yup

When Canadian Tire has their sale on oil I stock up. Also take my filters and used oil to them on the same trip. Takes 5 minutes at Auto Value to get the filters I like. 5 more minutes to get the beer. Feel much better doing it myself.

Plus, my wife's 2006 CRV has THE DUMBEST oil fill cap. The port is right on top of the block, and the cap is shielded and collects all kinds of dust and grime. You have to wipe all around as best you can and remove the cap carefully so any of that residual crap doesn't fall in. I highly doubt that this happens 100% of the time at Mr Lube/Dealership/etc.

Last edited by Soulcousin; 02-02-2018 at 08:41 PM.